The Fremont Fair is one of Seattle’s iconic community celebrations, ringing in the start of summer over the solstice weekend with 300+ craft vendors, the annual solstice parade, live local music, delicious food and drink options, and more.
We encourage anyone planning to attend the event to plan ahead and consider riding transit, or biking, walking, or rolling to the event if that is an option for you. However you decide to travel, we encourage you to leave yourself extra time as thousands of people come together in Fremont at this major community festival.
This blog post includes some additional details on your travel options. Thank you for your interest, and we hope you have fun if you attend the 2022 Fremont Fair!
Riding the Bus
- Taking the bus is a great way to get to the Fremont Fair!
- King County Metro bus routes 5, 28, 31, 32, 40, and 62 serve the Fremont neighborhood.
- You can also use Metro’s online trip planning tool to enter your start and end locations and pick the best route for you, or use Google Maps to plan your trip, including transit.
Biking, Walking, or Rolling
- Biking to the Fremont Fair – and at it – is a time-honored tradition.
- Several trails run through or near Fremont, including the Burke-Gilman Trail, the Ship Canal Trail, and the Westlake Cycle Track.
- We also recently completed significant street improvements along N 34th St that help enhance mobility and safety for people biking, walking, and rolling. This includes adding protected bike lanes and other upgrades on N 34th St, between Stone Way N and Fremont Ave N, creating a safer connection into the heart of Fremont and other nearby destinations.
Driving and Parking
- If you do need to drive, please be sure to leave yourself extra time to get to and from the event due to anticipated crowds and traffic in the area.
- On-street parking in the area is limited, so leave yourself time to find a spot, and know that you may need to use a paid parking lot in the area.
- Please also consider carpooling if traveling with family or friends to the event if you can.
Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Fremont Fair! From everyone at Team SDOT, we wish you safe and smooth travels this weekend, and a fun, enjoyable experience at the event.
Article Source: News from City of Seattle