In this newsletter, you can learn more about:
Thirteen small business owners from the Inland Northwest graduated Oct. 26 from SBA’s Emerging Leaders program. This is the fifth year the SBA Spokane Branch Office has provided the seven-month executive education series that is offered at no-cost to small businesses poised for growth.
The graduates completed approximately 100 hours of virtual classroom and peer-to-peer counseling sessions and presented their three-year strategic growth action plans.
- Jessica Atkinson, Sweet Frostings | Spokane, WA
- Crystal Billings, Island Globe Tan | Spokane, WA
- Josh Demers, Pacific Lawn | Spokane, WA
- Ted DeRuyter, Decade Awards | Spokane, WA
- Atania Gilmore, Allie’s Vegan Pizza | Spokane, WA
- Mark Heckel, Minute Press | Rathdrum, ID
- Sabrina Jones, Movher | Spokane Valley, WA
- Brian Keeney, Occam Defense | Moscow, ID
- Bonnie Knight, Inland Northwest Therapy | Spokane, WA
- Kris Kramer, Christian Brothers Automotive | Liberty Lake, WA
- David Risdon, Century Publishing | Post Falls, ID
- Karen Skoog, Sunvek | Elk, WA
- PJ Slauson Jr., CLK Supplies | Hayden, ID
Join subject matter experts from the SBA Seattle District Office — along with special guest speaker Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan — at 11 a.m. on Nov. 10 as they share information about various recovery fund programs available to empower small businesses to successfully move forward.
This free webinar will cover the following topics:
- Small business resources available from the City of Seattle
- Overview of and recent changes to the COVID Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program and application process
- Overview of the Targeted Advance and Supplemental Advance grants still available for businesses in low-income areas
- Tips for completing the application, including how to fill out required forms like the IRS 4506-T
- Common application mistakes that lead to a decline, and how to avoid these
- How and when to request reconsideration on a declined loan application, and what documentation to provide
- Where to get help with your application
This event will be held virtually as a Microsoft Teams Live Event. Participants will have the ability to ask questions via the Q&A feature. The event will have closed captioning available in the following seven languages:
The Seattle District Office is looking for an experienced contracting professional who is passionate about helping small businesses grow in federal procurement.
As a Business s Opportunity Specialist in our Seattle or Spokane office, you will provide advice, counseling, and training to small businesses to educate and assist them with federal certifications, marketing to federal agencies, pursuing federal contracts, and managing a portfolio of 8(a) firms.
Wednesday, Nov. 10
10 a.m. | Employer Guide to Workers’ Rights
Thursday, Nov. 11
5:30 p.m. | Managing Your Business Financials for Profit
Friday, Nov. 12
Saturday, Nov. 3
Monday, Nov. 15
Tuesday, Nov. 16
8:30 a.m. | Grow with a Pro (Insurance Professional) *
Wednesday, Nov. 17
8 a.m. | Accelerating Your Online Business
2 p.m. | Get Started
Thursday, Nov. 18
5:30 p.m. | How to Hire Great Employees & Keep Them
Friday, Nov. 19
12:30 p.m. | Building a Formal Business Plan
Saturday, Nov. 20
9 a.m. | Successfully Starting a New Business
* SBA’s participation or support is not an endorsement of any product, service, or entity.
Article Source: https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USSBA/bulletins/2fb7b85